(this is me saying, 'yes!' in my empty classroom, not me trying to be a paint-throwing super-hero -- in case you weren't sure what's going on here...)
my grades are recorded, my classroom furniture is moved out to the hall, the kids are on their buses, i'm finished for the year!
it's a good feeling.
we had a little tragedy in the bus lane to cap off the year. the school superintendent crashed into one of the students -- his big black pickup truck went on top of her hood almost!! she was an emotional wreck, not to mention the state her car was in. nothing like getting the summer off to an exciting start.
i'm going home to that exciting summer now. (hopefully in one piece! last week a truck rear-ended the truck directly behind me in a long line of cars behind a loading bus... there's bad driving juju going around.)
sorry 'bout all you blokes still in school. i'll mourn with you who mourn if you'll rejoice with me who rejoiceth...
8 comments:
Sorta like how I feel around December 19th each year, if I've saved enough vacation to be out for a week or more. Except you've got a nice long hiatus.
I've always wondered, does a teacher's pay get spread over the whole year, or do you have to save back against summer?
Your pose excentuates(sp?!!!) you slenderness. COngrats with being done for the summer....guess now your "Nanny Kate."
Huzzah! I can totally remember that lighter than air, released from emotional and physical prison feelings! YES!
Yay for summer!!! I'm so excited for you...though a little jealous...Maybe you should come have lunch with Erica and I...tempting, eh?
AWWW! Does this mean we can hang out now? PS-I have my own blog now...Yeah!
hooray friend!!! i love the exultant picture, and i'll be doing the same thing in my hallway come next thursday. :) see you soon hot stuff!
Yeah, you art teachers have it soooo much easier in the grading department. But who am I to talk? I AM a temporarily retired teacher... Except I don't get summers off...or Saturdays off, or nights off...or... Wow. I'm starting to depress myself into returning to teaching...
If you get the itch for a little road trip this summer, come visit me. Bring Erica and all your other roommies if you wanna.
I definitely miss you and your cute little house and your super fun and funky personality and everything else that makes you YOU!
YAY!!!!!!!!! I totally relate to you! Dad has today and one more day and we'll be FREE, too!
So now that you're not at school every day, does that mean we won't be getting any blog posts??? :-( How TRAGIC that would be!!
I can hardly wait to see you! It won't be long now!
Post a Comment