Monday, May 28, 2007

fiesta mexicana!

my two dear friends, erica & sandy shared a birthday on thursday. we decided it was only natural to have a combined shindig, the likes of which will never be seen again in these parts. it was the social event of the season, with everyone bringing their finest mexican cuisine...

there was happy rancherito music, pinata bashing (no birthday girls were hurt in the making of this photograph)...

LOTS of people...



delightful costumes...

good old fashioned fun times with the alcohol (sangria's a classic mexican drink! no party's a party without it!)
and even better old fashioned quality time with friends.

(look, we're hair twins!)






dave (in the middle) was the photographer for the evening -- he took all these super quality shots -- what a guy, that guy.

here's the cutest of all for the grand finale -- don't we look festive?!

it was the funnest party in the history of parties. now that it's over, i find myself wandering around aimlessly, feeling like i'm supposed to be making lists and planning things...
maybe i'll make a list of things i could make a list of so i feel some sense of purpose.

hmm.

OR maybe i'll just try to enjoy this blessedly empty day, void of all responsibilities, full of pretty sunshine and new jeans.

10 comments:

Cari said...

Sounds like a blast. Dan and I spent the weekend continuing the seemingly never ending project of putting up a deck that has the same square feet almost as our main floor. (that most likely is a run-on sentence and I'm so tired I just don't care!) And about the list, forget it...enjoy being bored for a while. If not get over here to CO we could use an extra set of hands!:)

Grammy said...

Ole Jose! Hola Granola! What a great Fiesta Mexicana! That sure is a good-looking couple in that last picture! Don't despair during the activity lull, there will no doubt be many great parties to follow!

Rockin' Robin said...

About that vacant, wandering around thing...yep, a true teacher! It usually takes me a whole 10 days to really get into "summer mode"...which is too bad as I ONLY have 10 weeks this summer...heh, heh, heh! I LIKE being a teacher reason number 546...the SUMMERS!
Love you,

Aunt Robin

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

Ah, such fun. I would have liked to have been there watching all your crazy friends....however, they might be a bit too much for these old bones. Anyhoo, about our little girl name that I told you about before....I think it's changed. See, that was suppose to be Brayden's name if he was a girl and since he wasn't a girl it goes to the gal baby that was lost. ????? It's just how my brain works. Dumb huh, since there was no girl baby to be lost since there never was a girl before.

Laura said...

Ah, rollicking good fun. I like the age mix of your "compadres" - very cool. That wasn't a joke - it is VERY cool - just wait till we get there and you can have a couple of toddlers thrown into the mix.

Casey Dawn said...

OR you can plan for my big day on Friday!!! Just a suggestion...

Unknown said...

Yes, it was a big hoopla at that. Thanks for letting me be a part of the celebration. You have quite the gift for organizing amazing parties, I must say. :)

Laura said...

Hey. I forgot to say that the "pinata bashing" scene photo brings back very painful memories - thanks a lot. My scar is throbbing at the memory. Sniff.

Mrs. Sappington said...

Good pics and good friends. I miss you guys!

We were supposed to be in Branson for Memorial Day weekend, but we all ended up in Jeff City instead. Not sure how that happened...it sure wasn't my vote, but it all worked out in the end (and we spent less money too!). Maybe the girls and I should just plan and trip down for a few days to see YOU! Got room for us?!?!

Zac said...

Hey Kate, nice party! Wish I was there, we don't ever have parties :(. I like the long hair by the way, looks good!!