well, we had another good ole missouri weather spell that knocked us out of school for 2 1/2 days!
here's the funny part. i think we got about 3 inches, tops. lord spare us from any sort of blizzard -- we'd be out of commission for MONTHS!!
it sure is pretty though. today the sun's shining bright and the dark trees against the white snow are SO beautiful.
can i just state for the record that this was a POSED shot to get our happiness in the snowiness, but in fact, i was the sole sidewalk shoveler.
it was such a perfect day for it though -- still, cold brightness, and a sense of accomplishment from the exertion and manual labor...
now for the traumatic part -- while getting the shovel down out of the shed, a rake fell on my head and i had cauliflower ear!!
well, not as bad as some of those boxers get, but it hurt like none other and my poor little ear got swollen and sad.
here's a visual -- focus on top back quadrant.
okay, so i'm a little bit of a pansy.
it didn't help that a squirrel was 2 feet from my head right before the rake fell on me. they look like cute woodland creatures from a distance, but up close they're just freaky.
5 comments:
I really like the fact that you still called your ear "calaflour ear (sp?)" in spite of the fact that it's just a little bump! you are stil cute!
poor you. Your hair looks super cute all braided like that. Yesterday I sport the "fishtail" braid for our date and Zac was in awe. Funny that his most favorite hairstyle for girls is when they have a french braid...I think he secretely wishes me to be some sort of Amish or Mennonite women...my hair reflecting my purity and simpleness. Oh gosh....
NO FAIR!!! We were jipped two times when they told us to expect "sleet mix"...and we DIDN'T have sleet mix just rain. AND we didn't get our snow days. It was very grumpy around our school!
Wish I could kiss it and make it all better!
By the way, I LOVE the painting in the previous blog! It's gorgeous! I know you did one for me at Christmas and I love it, but Dad's got a birthday coming up (right after mine) and we'd love to add this one to our "collection"!
You are a retardosa. And when I got to the end of your entry, I actually laughed out loud, though I was all alone with my computer. Because yes, squirrels ARE weird and creepy up close. Its like they are analyzing you to see how you might taste if gnawed on.
Post a Comment