Friday, January 19, 2007

ole mexico


this is the door i went through every one of my school days in mexico -- doesn't it look ghetto?! it didn't used to be quite so adorned.
a friend had these recent shots of our old binimea school and they're so nostalgic to look at. especially now that the school is in a brand-new building with a fence and yard...
strange.



this used to be a nice little 'grassy' plot -- it's now harsh concrete! what's going on?!


here's the church across the street.
isn't it amazing how images can hold such history? this mural is an integral part of the weave of my memories -- just because it was there every day -- sort of the backdrop to my life.


why didn't we realize how dorky we looked?! thankfully i'm hidden behind someone... where's waldo? see if you can find me...

4 comments:

soulreavers said...

A) you are behind the blonde girl in the front row. Who was that?

B) I totally feel you about the church across the street.

and C) I think I like electric blue over the off-white the wall used to be painted. Although I see that the penchant for graffiti is still as strong as ever.

Ah the memories

Laura said...

Oh, now THIS picture is a real gem. Thanks - and I totally remember that shirt that Scott used to wear. HA! And I also realized that my hair looks just about the same now! HA again!

aubrey payne said...

nice pics, huh? we were a bit on the dorky side...

The Toplovs said...

What a great post! Have you any more of these memorable pictures?