Friday, January 26, 2007

first date!!

so nick & i are going on our first official date tonight!! we've been 'dating' for a week and a half now, but we haven't had a real live official date yet. can you call it dating if you haven't gone on a date?
hmm.
i think so. we have been :-)
the word of the day a few days ago was 'suitor' and i now call him that.
i.e. 'hello nick my suitor!' or he might say, 'this is your suitor, nick calling,' on voice messages...
cheesy, you say? well, maybe a little, but cheesy is so totally in these days.
cheesy is the new cool.

anyways, just wanted to let you all in on that news as i'm pretty excited about it! i don't know where we're going -- nick plotted up a plan. i wanted to be surprised -- it's more fun that way.
i'll be sure to give you the update on monday :-)

have a great weekend!

peace out brothahs.
(see? cool)

7 comments:

Jeff Roberts said...

Hey, that's exciting. And as I'm learning the older I get - now that you've blogged it, neither of you has any excuse for forgetting the date!

[I didn't blog it...still using stone computers back then...but 1/17/89 was my first official date with Sandra. It was only a few days later that she actually figured out my last name (much to her mother's consternation) but that's a story for another day!]

Grammy said...

WAY COOL!! I'm so glad to hear it. Will Erica or someone be on duty to be able to photograph the momentous moment? I think that would be cool to have an actual picture of y'all's first date for the blog/scrapbook!

I'm waiting with bated breath to hear what you did.

Love you,
Mom

Laura said...

Have fun and don't eat spaguetti - that is never a good idea on a date. And don't wear uncomfortable shoes. And don't wear something you've never worn before. And don't go to the tanning bed earlier in the day to get an extra "glow". And don't wear a perfume that you aren't used to that could cause you to feel like vomiting later on in the evening when you try to eat something and the smells all mix togehter. Can you tell I am drawing on experience? Ha ha - though, sadly, it is 10:58 and I can only assume that you have already left.

aubrey payne said...

oh, i can't wait till monday...seriously.

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

Ahhhh...that is so wonderful. I'm just nuts anticipating all the juicy "tidbits" you'll have to share. I absolutely exciting...and I like the use of the word "suitor." Anyways...talk to you later "my sista." (cool? :) )

Jeff Roberts said...

My word, I believe they've eloped. Grammy, you call the airports and I'll check chapels in Vegas :-)

kate said...

oh ye of little faith... just one day and you're checking chapels?!