anyhow, all that to say i was tired of it and bored with the routine and needing a change. i texted nick and asked him if we could skip exercising after school and do something spontaneous and fresh instead.
he came through with the most fun picnic ever!!
he picked me up from school with the picnic basket packed, a blanket on hand, and even a guitar and djembe in case we needed additional spontaneity.
we drove around for a scenic while, searching for the perfect spot, and eventually ended up at the henning tower, a place i'd never even been to before!! just when you think you've explored every interesting place in your town, along comes a really great one to prove that no, in fact there are still millions of nooks and crannies in these ozarks just waiting to be experienced.

we climbed to the top with our haul then spread out and enjoyed a tasty meal together. the view was lovely - even though it had been cloudy and cold and windy, the sun broke through from time to time to surprise us.

some unknown person had been just as overwhelmed with love but happened to have a green spray can in their hand...


we tried to pose with the 'love' around us, but my arm's not long enough.

here's looking down the tower...

this little dinner adventure was just the thing to make me feel revived and envigorated.
and also appreciative of this newlywed season. people are always saying that they were glad they waited to have kids so they could do all the things you can't do with a baby in tow. i always secretly thought, 'what kinds of things are these people doing anyways?!' it's not like i'm aching to go snorkeling in zimbabwe or parasailing in cozumel. but here's a prime example!
i still have that old-fashioned motherly urge to procreate, but i'm greatly enjoying our newlywed freedom in the meantime.

isn't he just a good one?
6 comments:
I'm SO glad to see you using that lovely picnic basket!!
I, too, am looking forward to the day when your old-fashioned motherly urges to procreate are fulfilled, but hey, snorkeling in Zimbabwe might not be a bad thing! It would even be really cool! How knows!
Me gusta este post.
Wow, I must say I am a bit envious. Aaron is a stable and secure man, but creativity and spontanous activity are not second nature to him. But wonderful little surprises and distractions from the norm are just what keep us going. Yes, enjoy your newlywed stage... enjoy every stage. And be careful on that tower; it's rickety status always made me nervous. :)
I loved this one. Thanks :)
Hey, just checking in - your mom said you had a super busy week - are you finally getting some r and r? And hey, if you do bear any younguns soon, there is always the Kelty backpack to tote them around in. Both my kids NEVER got tired of being in those.
Okay, okay! I must apologize! i just spent the last 40 minutes reading all your blogs from right after your honeymoon!! My Google reader never told me that you had updated (I think because you made it where you had to log in)...but either way, I'm SO glad to now be in the know and am sorry I accused you of never writing. I just thought it was a sad world if you really hadn't written since AUGUST! Love you and now feel much more at ease.
Post a Comment