Monday, March 03, 2008

ode to joy

3 comments:

Jeff Roberts said...

Good clips. That conductor is very active - he must have been chugging Red Bull right before the performance. Enjoyed the clips on my sick day (aka a day in which I felt kind of gross but had a good excuse to sleep until 2, which I really needed)

Erica Joy said...

OH MY GOSH! When I watch that I feel so proud of being a part of it! It was really powerful!!! :) Thanks for illegally videoing Kate.

Rockin' Robin said...

Yep, I "used to" with heavy emphasis on the "USED TO"! What choir was that? Or was it a combination of choirs? Mega-good sound...especially if it sounds that good on a little camera!!! Commenting on the above observation above about the conductor...did you know that most conductors live a LONG life...normally into their 90's? It is because it is an absurdly aeorbic activity to conduct! And they do it for many hours a day!!! (Unfortunately, I tend to only do it the week of my choral concerts in the spring and a few minutes a week! May need to re-think that in my lesson plans!) Oh, and by the way...wouldn't it be fun to see someone escorted out right in the middle of that gorgeous sound by the "video police"?!!?!?! Won't NEVER happen...so film away, girl! Love ya,

Aunt Robin

p.s. If you really DO want to read my bio go here:

http://fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us/~robin_g_ferguson/