Wednesday, February 20, 2008


i received my new teacher's certificate in the mail the other day and it affected me much more than i expected. you can't see in this picture, but the expiration date is 2106! that's 99 years away!!! i'm certified to teach until i'm 128 years old!
it conveys much more of a lifetime commitment than that first 4 year certificate ever could have (obviously) and it's kind of strange to think about.
but also amazing. to think i've been so lucky as to find myself in a job that i would be perfectly happy doing for the rest of my needing-to-have-a-job years. that's a rare thing. some people never figure out what they want to do with themselves, their entire life long.
i'm not saying, 'i'm so cool, i figured it out', but i sure am grateful for the way god arranged my circumstances to bring me to this place that fits so well.

in other news, looks like we're getting another ice storm tomorrow & friday. i've almost forgotten how to be in school for an entire week at a time. all these snow days are totally spoiling my idea of good work ethic. i wake up in the morning and look out the window to see if we might just get to stay home.
this beautiful snowfall is what surprised me yesterday morning.

i hadn't heard watched the news so i was shocked to wake up to a lovely magical wonderland. light and fluffy but not sticking to the roads so off to school we went.
i may sound hypocritical after just rejoicing in the way god's put me in the perfect job... but really, who wouldn't mind a 4 day weekend? every week?

5 comments:

Jeff Roberts said...

My mother-in-law would be happy to see the spelling of your full name. I thought we were going to fall out over Katherine.

Rockin' Robin said...

I want a snow day...(whine, whine, sob, sob)! Another reason to solve global warming...so teachers in the south can get an occaisional snow day!!! We've been ROBBED two years in a row!!!

From,
A very WARM Music Teacher in Atlanta!

Anne said...

Hey! I am just now trying to catch up on about 2 months of other people's blogs and I see that you are ENGAGED! How awesome! I love the story about the proposal and the rings! I bet you are making up for lost time with the kissing! =) When is the wedding?

Mrs. Sappington said...

YAY - a lifetime certificate! That's quite an accomplishment! I don't know if I'll ever see the likes of one of those...and I'm sure by the time I get back to teaching, they will have changed the process so much that I won't even recognize it. But, enough whining from me...

Congrats to you!

Laura said...

Are you sure that wasn't a typo? 2016 maybe? Not to burst your excited and introspective bubble - ha ha! I have never heard of a lifetime lasting teaching certificate. Either way, if anyone asks, all you have to do is show it :).