Monday, February 18, 2008

diverse weekend fun

here's some quick blurbs about what went on this weekend in my sphere of people.

one night casey cooked us a dinner that included the best apple pie EVER...

erica & nick had (a little TOO much) fun...

then another night we went to a place with a cool bluegrassy rock kind of band and these four guys went to TOWN with the hippy dancing! the amish guy got it all started and pretty soon there were 10-15 people dancing away in this tiny little space in front of the band between the tables. this guy was crazy! and what made him even more crazy was that he was drinking beer and cussing a blue streak while dancing his heart out. sort of knocks my perspective of the amish right out of the water...

and mohinder had a good time hunting, stalking, then pouncing upon the totally immobile seashells. this cat cracks me up.

unphotographed, but equally as valid, the weekend also included finishing registering with nick (for our WEDDING!!!), babysitting my favorite large family, and spending a truly delightful time with my friend allison (it's been way too long!).

i feel so thankful for my life these days. it's very full of good people.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Where all did you register? I want to see what your eclecticity (is that a word?) has chosen. :)

kate said...

we registered at target, lowe's, & kohl's.
it was exhausting!

aubrey payne said...

hey, thot i should let you know that the blog u have under "uncle billy" is my old one that i thot i had deleted... oops my bad! :)

Rockin' Robin said...

OK...I know in your not too distant past you it has been apparent that you have had a disdain for those of us who find great joy in our pet children...but now you see...it is the totally innocent JOY of life they bring to us that is so refreshing! Those moments of joyous simplicity are to be treasured! I smiled half a dozen times while watching this video! I needed half a dozen smiles after coming back to school from a week off due to p-monia! Thanks for sharing!

Grammy said...

I got quite the chuckles watching mohinder. He must, however, be frustrated out of his mind. If you don't let him "catch" a shell or something, he might turn totally neurotic or something and start doing all manner of bizzare things for revenge! He is a cool cat!

Grammy said...

Mohinder's antics were the funniest I've seen in a long time. You should submit the video to the animal division of "Funniest Home Videos", or so thinkest your father figure who also would expect a cut of any proceeds received should Mohinder be a winner!

Jeff Roberts said...

You almost expect the catch the cat saying "why I oughta...but I...what the..."

On the Amish guy, based on one blog I used to read (not there anymore), some communities have sort of a "sowing wild oats" period where they turn their heads (or bury them in the sand) with regard to what their adolescents are up to. Guess this guy never outgrew that period. :-)