Thursday, January 10, 2008

we had a two-day, pre-tornadic weather spell which nick and i enjoyed by going for a long walk. it was seriously 70 degrees!

here's my brown-redeeming picture. isn't there just something glorious about all the intertwining variety of the branches and the contrast against the sky?
i love it.

the timberlake walk is a local fave.
our timer shot using someone's mailbox was not that someone's fave. she started casting anxious peering glances our way. i suppose that if i had someone messing with my mailbox then running away i might look a bit askance as well. nick's level-headed reasoning helped me see this logic.


sometimes in the right light, even brown can be pretty.

5 comments:

Carissa said...

please tell me i'm not the only one who saw that picture of the street sign and expected some sort of reference to you "bringing sexy back"!

Erica Joy said...

Kate I think your curves look HOT! And I'm not just saying that! You look good! And I love your last little statement, "Sometimes in the right light, even brown can by pretty." It's deeper than it would appear at first glance. Good one!

The Toplovs said...

Kate I've said it before, but I really like the way you capture things that would otherwise go unnoticed by most.

Grammy said...

How do you know what makes a GOOD picture, one that becomes famous our something? I REALLY like the composition, color and everything else of that picture of the hay bales. There's just something about it that is REALLY appealing. I think you are very talented and have a TERRIFIC eye, but some would say I'm prejudiced. I don't believe that's necessarily true, but... each to their own! :-)

Love you!

kate said...

aw shucks, guys! ya'll are so encouraging and uplifting in your positivity!