
look at this beauty of a sign nick made for work! he even drew that little fish guy. isn't he artistic?
he's really coming into his true sign-making manliness.
he's learned a new word for his position -- a luthier apprentice. i'd never heard the word 'luthier' before, but it's what you call instrument makers. the word hearkens back to ye old days of lute-making.
and speaking of words, the word i'm especially keen on lately is...
snarky:
1. Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide.
2. Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.
From dialectal snark, to nag, from snark, snork, to snore, snort, from Dutch and Low German snorken.
it's not a happy word mind you, but sometimes it's just fun to use.
2 comments:
WOW! That sign's a beaut! He's becomming quite the luthier!
I LOVE learning new definitions and their etemology. Snarky is definitely an interesting word, and now that you've learned it and it's unhappy meaning, etc. I'm sure you will make every effort to avoid being called snarky! :-)
What fun you are!!
What ever happened to Jeff Roberts? He doesn't post on your blog that often any more.
I like the sign and I like the word. I will try the word out on Haley tonight, since I am sure I will have ample opportunity - and then she can take it to her friends and it can become the coolest word around the block.
Post a Comment