Wednesday, October 10, 2007

on my way out the door last night to join some girlfriends for dinner & our favorite shows, i got distracted by the perfect end-of-the-day sunlight and my elusive kittens looking especially cute. it was more than i could resist -- pictures had to be taken.

this is milo, lounging around. for you to fully grasp the rarity that is captured with these pictures, imagine with me, won't you. outdoor kitties, following their mama (fantasia of the hooded street-cat eyes), scavenging around the neighborhood, most likely finding other families to feed them from time to time, thus explaining the 2-3 day absences that happen at least once a week, not too cuddly, mostly running away if you approach them...
i've been doing my best to people-train them, but they're doing their best to wild-cat train me by refusing to give in to my advances.
they were so cute yesterday though, calmly exploring in a fake sort of mature way. they're about 4 months old and rambunctious enough, but here they were sedately yet curiously nosing their way around the place.

here's malcolm, intently tracking a bumblebee...

the twins together...

asia has the prettiest coloring, but she's also the shyest. won't stand for much petting. i persevere though. their brother ransom lives with nick. he looks nothing like them. bushy black & white fur, about twice as big, i don't know where he came from. some recessive gene somewhere. nick loves him.

i finally quit my slightly nauseatingly obsessive cat photographing and made it to dinner...

cathy (back top) made chinese and it was sooooo good.

here's the girls...
last season we would get together on monday nights to watch 'age of love' (i'm sorry to say it's true). now that it's over, we decided to make it a 'heroes' & 'the office' get together.

good times ahead, folks.

4 comments:

Carissa said...

what fun! that is one great group of ladies. love that you are fellowshiping over great food and trash tv. life is good!

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

Looks delicious - the food, not your cats. Oh my gosh it's suppose to be only a high of 68 tommorrow!

The Toplovs said...

I watched 'Age of Love' once and was a bit nauseated by the fact that this guy had so many gorgeous girls to chose from and he was trying to flatter all of them.

dawn said...

We have never met but I am a friend of Carissa's and I enjoy your blog. You take great pictures.

Just a random thing...tonight I was driving home from the grocery store and I saw Nick. Now I don't know him either, but for some reason I got a good glimpse of a guy driving a car I recognized (from your pictures of it) and I realized that was Bate's Klog Nick. It's funny how blogging brings complete strangers together.

Anyway, I enjoy your writing.