why is it so easy to be emotionally affected by something as dead as hair?!
i ask you.
my hair has once again gone under the knife (aka texturizer scissors...). this time it's come out looking much more satisfactory than last, but the fact still remains that there is substantially less than there was before the cut.
it looks exactly the same. i'm not even going to post a picture because you'll wrinkle your brow and say, 'is she a crazy person?' and i'll feel just like that crazy person for even elaborating.
even so, when i wash my hair my hand falls off the end abruptly, like the feeling of an unexpected step when you think you're at the bottom of the staircase...
it's really not worth bemoaning.
nevertheless, i do indeed bemoan. i feel like i've lost a good friend. truth be told, if you were to have gathered up the cut hair and covered a small stuffed animal with it, there would probably have been enough to make a nice little fur coat for the feller. it could reasonably have been called a friend. a small furry friend who is now dead.
i'm going to choose to look forward and anticipate the day when my hair will be long and flowing, as it once was...
you know, that day right before having to get it cut again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I saw your school picture at your mom's house and I LOVED it. You looks so super pretty. I understand about hair woes...I had 4 inches taken off and no one notices except me and I miss those 4 inches dreadfully!
I think it's good to bring in change when it comes to hair. It's quite boring to have the same hair cuts repeated or same hairstyle forever. Embrace the change and enjoy it.
Hey - this was descriptive beyond words. I know that feeling - when you wash your hair after a haircut and you get this sinking sad tight-chested feeling when there is too much thinness and not as much there as there was before. Are we weird? Yes, we are - let's enjoy being women. :)
Post a Comment