Monday, August 27, 2007

fun thing


yesterday nick and i went ring shopping!!

not to buy one or to pick one out, but to just get an idea of what styles we think are pretty.
and to move a little closer to the idea of getting engaged...

it was a really fun time with nick all around. i love his sweet, sensitive heart.

6 comments:

JLW said...

THAT'S GREAT KATE! Enjoy every second of getting/being engaged. I feel like that is one of the most special times in a relationship. Be sure to take it all in and take LOTS of pictures so you'll have memories later on too! :)

I can't wait for your post when you get engaged. Those are the best posts - ones with engagements, weddings, and new babies! In that order, of course.

The Toplovs said...

Yes, Kate, do take lots of pictures. There is something so special about the first time he slips the ring over your finger; you won't be able to stop gazing.

Can't wait......

Jeff Roberts said...

Good for you guys! And maybe you and Erica can have a double wedding next summer as your act of post-school-year-craziness. Surely less shocking that whatever you might dream up to top the tat.

Laura said...

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! I haven't even MET this guy yet!!! SIMMER DOWN!!! Just kidding, I suppose I can trust your judgment - if YOU are ready to look at rings, I guess I can be too.

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

I'm SOOOO SUPER excited. Looking at rings....definitly the next step. :)

Mrs. Sappington said...

Ring shopping...fun and overwhleming, huh? Where did you guys go? I remember learning all I never knew I needed to know about rings and settings and gemstones and all that. Sheesh! But, have fun and enjoy it! One lady insisted that I try on a 1 carat diamond, even though I knew I didn't want a ring that big. It was kind of fun...playing dress-up, to a certain extent. Of course, Travis knew which ring I wanted by the look on my face the minute she slipped it on my finger...I hope you find the perfect ring too!