Tuesday, July 31, 2007

the conclusiatory colorado chapter

nick & i's colorado trip included so much more than you would imagine in just a short week...
my favorite part of all was coming in the first night and hugging all my nephews and nieces and cari -- it's so fun to see them after a whole year!

peter will always and forever be my first nephew. not to say i don't love each and every one of my 10 nieces and nephews, but peter and i have a special bond.

i sure did enjoy ryan this trip, also! he's turned into a 'kater' (no, that doesn't mean 'someone who loves kate' -- he's still working on the 'sk' blend) and has recently acquired two 'kateboards' through the wiles of his cuteness and charm. one from a neighbor boy and another from the sympathetic enthusiast at a skate park we went to. this skate park was amazingly cool! i found myself wishing for skateboard skills, but memories of a black eye kept me safe this time. nick was my skating guardian.



dan was ryan's. he needed one -- he's quite the fearless skater sometimes, especially for being four years old.

cari, kira and i played it safe, but i think with a little practice, kira could be quite the skater chick.

peter even joined in, but definitely was all about the playing it safe!


can you believe some people go all the way around that bowl on their boards? upside down?!!
crazy.

in other news, the whole big gang of us went camping out by a town called fair play for 2 days and a night. it was the most beauty i've ever seen in my whole life! we were at a spot where you could see the mountains that made up the continental divide!!
i've never been a big colorado fan, not understanding the big deal, why everyone loves it so much. this time of the year with all the green-ness combined with these amazing views helped me understand, at least just a little.


dad, krista, nick & i went on a hike that was pretty killer. that altitude is bad for hiking. well, at least for hiking pansies like me.

nick & krista knocked over this tree with their bare hands!
it's true.

this was on the way back down... looks like smooth sailing, i know. we found a road. the way up was rigorous, i promise!


this was our outhouse -- nice, eh?
(see our reflection?)

nick & dad got some good fishing in -- made their fishy hearts happy.


all in all, it was an excellent trip, with many plenteous good memories.

there are a couple of really cute kid pictures still on my camera, but alas, i left my camera cord in colorado. not only will you be deprived of their cuteness, but if i can't find another cord, it's as if i'm camera-less! a camera's useless without the cord these days. at least for my purposes.
if dan & cari happen to find it and mail it on over, then i suppose i can resume blogging. (hint hint)

8 comments:

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

Ahhhh....thanks bunches. That's what I was waiting for was to see the kiddos. So super cute...and I love the picture of you and Nick strolling. :)

Casey Dawn said...

I really like that cute little cap your wearing in most of the pictures...kind of reminds me of one I once wore for softball...must be a coincidence!

Casey Dawn said...

I really like that cute little cap your wearing in most of the pictures...kind of reminds me of one I once wore for softball...must be a coincidence!

Casey Dawn said...

I really like that cute little cap your wearing in most of the pictures...kind of reminds me of one I once wore for softball...must be a coincidence!

Casey Dawn said...

...woops...

Laura said...

I think Casey really REALLY likes that cap - you may want to give it to her...HA!

Anne said...

Very nice pictures. Sounds like a lovely family gathering. I must say that you and this Nick are quite the nice looking couple. I also think you look super cute in the hat. You must get them to send you your camera cord. I would NOT want your blogs to suddenly end!!

Emily said...

I am left speechless and wondering why oh why the outhouse has a glass door??? I am a big fan of outhouses, but even I would be a little hesitant to use one on display like that. Is that the classy way to build an outhouse? I don't know if I can ever go camping in CO now. You have scared me away with your outhousey picture. :(