
there's been some breaking news in my life of the epic variety. it's going to reshape my self-perception, my habits, my inner dialogue...
it's going to change the very core of me.
i don't like ice cream anymore.
for those of you who didn't hear ominous music in the background upon reading that sentence, let me just assure you that this is a very big deal.
my entire life has been an ode to ice cream, every day has been an effort to fit it into my schedule, every meal has been defined by the presence or absence of it. i'm not quite sure what to do with myself.
this revelation has been slow in coming over the last week or so, but it's definitely definite. i've gradually enjoyed the consumption thereof less and less, wondering why i continue eating it when i'm not really reveling in it as i usually do. but continue i do, purely out of loyalty to myself and my professed love.
but yesterday i just decided, you know, if i'm not liking it, it's just time to say i don't like it.
so there it is for the world.
if you need some time to process this and figure out how to relate to the new me, i'm okay with giving you that time.
considering this new development, it seemed apropos to go ahead and just skip sweets altogether. nick and i made a pact to go sugarless for the next month. he did it for lent, and lost 15 pounds mysteriously! (well, not so mysteriously, really...)
given the fact that i can usually tell an immediate reaction in my physical body when eating sweets (such as headaches, dizziness, etc.) it can't hurt to go without for a while.

i'm going to rediscover fruit. that's my goal for the month. maybe try out ones that i normally avoid...
we'll see how it goes. i'm not very disciplined. nick is. i think it will be a good pact-hood.
9 comments:
I think I would get tired of ice cream if I had it that often, too. It's nice once in a while as a treat, though.
After cutting my caffeine down to one wake-up Pepsi a day, I then decided to find something besides caffeine-free Pepsi to drink the rest of the day.
Plain water is too boring but I've found that Propel has just enough flavor to keep my taste buds from mutiny while having only 20 calories per a 16 ounce bottle. As compared to 150 calories for each of the the 3-4 8oz Pepsis I was drinking. And that's without using fake sweeteners.
So now I'm almost painlessly cutting 300-500 calories out of my day and I'm dropping a pound every few days in a sustainable way.
Propel in powder form also comes in little packets, so I can mix it up myself at home, or keep a packet handy to mix into a water at a restaurant.
About ice cream...perhaps you would re-evaluate your feelings on it, as I did, if you try "mike and steve's" natural blueberry ice cream. It is my new passion. So maybe quality, not quantity, could be your new mantra if you find yourself unable to resist a now-and-then bowl...:)
I totally relate. Lately I've really been enjoying Pink Lady apples. I cut them with one of those apple cutter things that takes the core out too. I like to eat one after meals for dessert. It's sweet, crunchy and a perfect finish to the chewing action I so love!
...wow. I am speechless. This absolutely changes everything. Though I think your love for ice cream may one day return, I am proud of you for investing your heart in fruit. I'm a big fan of really good apples and oranges...and pineapple...and watermelon...and strawberries...rasberries...and grapes...
Wow, I can't imagine having icecream that often. It will be interesting to see how long you can go without sweets (that would never do for me).
Well, someone just pointed out that Propel does contain some sucralose (Splenda). Oh, well.
YES! You are allergic to chocolate - I am allergic to chocolate! You don't like ice cream - I don't like ice cream! YES!
P.S. I didn't eat much sugar during my pregnancy with Zara and I hardly gained any weight and had it off within 2 weeks of having her. I think sugar is WAY worse then everyone says it is. I don't hardly eat it now - when I do, I'm always sorry because it makes me feel sick.
YOU MUST try raw honey though! I'm SO obsessed - in tea, baking, or plain, it's AMAZING!
I agree with Ashley....even though I'm enjoying Smarties quite a bit these days. I think sugar is the cause of my breakouts these days. It's too bad you are allergic to chocolate because I eat a piece of the 70% cocoa kind almost everynight for my sugar fix. I also couldn't imagine eating ice cream very much....I seriously have like a cone every two months or so....I guess this means your oatmeal and ice cream days are over?!!!
Post a Comment