this article is long, but it really reminds you to pay attention to the beauty in your day. it might not be that you stumble across a concert violinist, but there's beauty and art in the most mundane of things.
You're right! It WAS long, but definitely worth the read. I thouroughly enjoyed the way he wrote, too. He's a TERRIFIC writer! Thanks for sharing that.
Hey! I thought you'd be interested to know that I googled "this substantial joy" to see if the poem you posted the other time was a well-known poem or not, and your blog came up 6th in a list of sites using the phrased "substanital joy". Amazing!
a high school art teacher... loved... a procrastinator... redeemed... growing my hair long... stressed... married to a lovely fellow... tired... a rollerskating enthusiast... imaginative... enjoying my job more with every year...
5 comments:
Definitely worth a read.
Reminds me, too, of a short inspirational video I saw once, Touch of the Master's Hand.
Set to Schubert's haunting Fourth Symphony(?), Staandchen.
Compares a human life to a precious, hand-crafted violin, battered and neglected and valued as naught, until touched by the Master's Hand.
Still gives me chills and squeezes the old tear ducts when I see it.
As always, wishing I could DO less, LIVE more...
You're right! It WAS long, but definitely worth the read. I thouroughly enjoyed the way he wrote, too. He's a TERRIFIC writer! Thanks for sharing that.
Hey! I thought you'd be interested to know that I googled "this substantial joy" to see if the poem you posted the other time was a well-known poem or not, and your blog came up 6th in a list of sites using the phrased "substanital joy". Amazing!
By the way, I'm with Erica, did you write that?
Post a Comment