i'm rather picture-less these days. sorry 'bout that. my current life just isn't being photographed, evidently... i'll have to remedy that situation here soon.
for all you devoted followers, just wanted to fill you in on a sadness, but a goodness at the same time. nick and i decided to stop dating. 'breaking up' sounds so damaging, and it really isn't -- we aren't broken, cracked or otherwise in disrepair. i would actually say i'm more whole than before we started dating. in just these three short months i have learned more about myself and grown in so many different ways than in any other three month timespan, that i can recall.
it was just very evident that the lord was moving us in the direction of friendship. nick's such an amazing guy -- my life has been enriched by him. i'm excited to see how god will continue to show more of his good character through nick.
this might be the end of a fun era (can you call three months an era? i choose to think so...) but at the same time, it's definitely the beginning of a new one that just might be even more fun, who knows? if you think about it, you might pray for us that we would be sensitive to the lord's directing in what this new era can look like, practically speaking. thanks. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I"m sad.
Oh my! And I thought I was going to get to extend our furlough to get ready for a wedding!
I'm glad you figured it out now, though, instead of 2 or 3 years down the road.
It makes me a little sad, along with Alyssa, too. You are such an amazing person and I know you would make an amazing wife and mother! but it's not worth hooking up with the wrong guy.
Of course, being the mom, I'd love a few more details of why he isn't Mr. Right. But you know what they say, "Curiosity killed the cat."
Love you,
Mom
I'm sad too. I didn't even know him, but he seemed so great for you as both of you are so lively and full of humor.
Nothing ventured, I guess. Are you really as rational about it all as you sound or are we getting the upon-reflection version? Not that rational is bad! :-)
Post a Comment