Wednesday, April 04, 2007


breaking news for the day:

i have a crick in my levator scapulae. (i didn't know that muscle name 2 minutes ago, but it sure is catchy...) it's little things like necks that go unappreciated until there's some little crick that comes along and puts everything into perspective.

turns out, there's no movement that occurs without the say-so of the neck. it's a pretty involved part of the body -- and it doesn't even get its own delegation. it's not an appendage, it's not a limb, it's not a part of the trunk... it's sort of like central america. north and south americas don't claim it, but without it, you'd have to take a boat.

so in honor of necks across the world, i recognize you and say, 'thank you for the work you do.'

8 comments:

Jeff Roberts said...

Hope it gets better. I wonder if it has anything to do with the big swing in the weather - I've got a few new aches myself.

Laura said...

Ha! Just wait - you thought 28 was bad - when August rolls around you will start to experience the "near-thirty" aches and pains! :)

kate said...

i think i'm already there, sistah.

Erica Joy said...

you are so funny! "like south america." ha ha ha. I sure like you friend. Can't wait to see you for dinner!

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

Have you ever tried that thing wear you put dried rice in sometype of material thing, heat it in the microwave and wrap it about your neck? One of my dorm mothers use to always sport one of em' around.

The Toplovs said...

All I can say is that you're really very funny.

Casey Dawn said...

Thank you for making me so aware of how I should be more thankful for my neck. I just gave myself a "pat on the neck" to show my appreciation. :)

Anonymous said...

Hiya Kate,

It's been a while but I'm delighted to find you in the blogger world!

Btw, I feel so much more informed after reading this. :D lol