well, this weekend has been the most emotional of my life. god has definitely shown me more of his good character through nick this last weekend. after having a really good, honest conversation, we've decided to work through things together and head back in the direction of dating. i can't tell you how happy i am to be able to say that. having a week or two of not being together was so very hard, but so good for both of us. we've come to realize several different truths about ourselves and about each other through the process. we're going to take some time to ease back into it while thinking through what it can look like to be responding to each other in love with the other person's good as the main priority. that's an easy sentence to write, but as for what it means in real life... i don't know that we'll ever get it quite right! i'm willing to try anyway.
there's one for sure thing -- being apart has definitely shown me how deeply i care about nick. for a couple of days there it felt like i'd lost my best friend. i'm so grateful for him and how he's shown me so much grace through it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well I hope things end up working out. Sounds like you're communicating at least!
Whew! Sounds good.
YEAH! I've been hoping!
Hey! That is cool news! You know, I don't think you realize how much I hate emailing about all this deep stuff when all I want to do is just sit around casually and chat. Missouri will be nice!
Yes, just what I wanted to hear!!!
Post a Comment