Friday, March 30, 2007

henry moore to the rescue





i'm so sorry the macrame african bra lady has been at the top of my blog for so long! she gets a bit disturbing with time.

just to have something new, here's a few henry moore sculptures. he's my absolute favorite 3-d artist. today being friday and subsequently art history day at blue eye high, we're doing a little henry moore action.
i'm excited.
not many of my students will be.
they abhor art history day.
but of everything i teach them all year long, they remember the art history stuff the longest. i disregard their teenage whinings and force them to learn it.

plus, it's just the thing to do on a friday when i feel like a limp sack of cornmeal -- my kids are always much calmer on art history days and much less prone to headless chicken chaos.
there's something about fridays. they're always hard to get through, even with the tantalizing weekend right before us.

good luck getting through yours!

2 comments:

Erica Joy said...

i love those sculptures! we should go on a roadtrip to wherever those parks are where they are displayed to see them! :) I'm so glad Friday is over! Hope yours went well friend. I'm sad I haven't seen you or had a real conversation in the last several days. Let's go on a pic-uh-nic tomorrow!! want to?

Grammy said...

Whew! I'm so glad you moved that macrame thing! I totally agree that she gets disturbing with time!