so in an effort to redeem the day and not be a slave to the grumpiness -- along with taking a cue from spontaneous guitar day -- i decided to break out the play-doh!
someone gave me (and erica, but i stole them all) 20 things of the aromatic stuff and they've just been languishing in my closet ever since, waiting for this very day.
i gave each class the challenge of working in teams and creating a scene of some sort.
here's a few of the results -- it was so funny to see how into it they got, young and old alike.
this is zach, shannon, lacey & bryan. their dinosaur scene was super cool. here's a close up of the reason dinosaurs are now extinct:
here's morgan and christi's first date scene...
jayme & race's spaghetti dinner...
this one made me laugh -- snakes on a plane, complete with a little feller riding one of the snakes and harpoons impaling them from all angles...
you might see a jungle of rolled play-doh, but i see genius.
here we have a giant/midget wedding scene compliments of whitley & alyssa...
ryan, crystal, jordan & amy created a special edition of spongebob gone seriously awry...
spongebob was drinking and driving which led to a sad pedestrian encounter that impaled patrick with some random pole in the process. notice the liberal use of play-doh-y blood...
i still had a headache all day long, but at least they had some good kindergarten-esque fun.
2 comments:
Doh! :-)
Very creative! Maybe I should break out the Play-Doh at the next boring Friday meeting...
Woh! That is so amazing! Your kids are so creative. I must say I think the Spongebob one wins it for me. Maybe I should try that with my own hellions. They'd enjoy that. Maybe I can have them do scenes from the Revolutionary War. Hmmmm...the wheels are turning. :)
Post a Comment