this weekend, a little north of us was hit by the worst ice storm they've had in decades! many places have no power, trees have fallen over, there's just general chaos.
luckily, branson was only touched with an onslaught of rain and coldness, but not quite enough for the cold to turn the rain to ice. mostly enough to be very very dreary.
friday we went up to springfield for a movie (stranger than fiction -- so good!) and were amazed at the beauty of the ice on the trees...
it was dark so you can't see the amazingly glittery ice on the branches behind us... i tell you what though, it was amazing.
is it always true that the most beautiful things can be the most destructive?
or, as a friend and i were discussing yesterday, that the most painful times in life result in the closest dependence on the lord?
if i were an insightful writer, i would probably expound on that thought for a while...
i'm more of an internal analyzer though, so i'm just going to leave it there, stare at it, mull it over a bit.
4 comments:
We missed out on the ice as well - just lots of rain which I think will finally taper off this evening.
And yes, the ice is much prettier on someone else's trees :-) We've had a couple of bad ice storms in the last 10 years but now that I have a generator and I've wired things such that I can run most of the house off of it, we'll probably never see any more ice. :-)
Oh my gosh....stay warm! OUr flight was canceled and delayed and all that business from the ice storms. It was a happy 10 hours at the Chicago airport.
Kate, I've yet to see an ice storm...I can't say I feel too sorry about that, BUT it is intriguing in a way, pretty even. If you want to move somewhere warmer, our low last week was 12, so that would at least be warmer then single digit weather!
My family used to live in Branson...just throwing that out there. :)
what a great looking group of friends this is! it sure looks like they're having fun together. :)
Post a Comment