Wednesday, December 06, 2006

we were not born to survive
only to live.

from 'the river of bees' by w.s. merwin

3 comments:

Jeff Roberts said...

I guess the point is that mere survival isn't living fully? Would've phrased it differently, I think.

Yeah, just doing the laundry and keeping the yard mowed, eat, sleep, go to work, not very fulfilling but it's better than the alternative. Gotta make time for more than that, though.

Grammy said...

Where do you find these things? Do you actually read these books that you quote from? I'm totally impressed, not only by the quote, but that you knew it!

nick said...

Hey!! man that's rad and deep!!! I am glad to see that you are pretty consistant with your blog! but I guess that is one of the things that you are "interested" in. so anyways, I'm going to stop messing around and go to work. Have a fun/great day and I'll see you later!
nick
p.s. thanks for commenting on my blog (it makes me feel good about myself)