i like to build up the suspense and then let it fizzle out so no one's interested anymore, THEN tell you.
there's less pressure that way.
i took your advice and went to alpena, arkansas, to hang out with the hamm family. they live on a horse ranch out in the lovely woods. despite the fallish brown-ness, it was very pretty and relaxing. we've had an inordinate amount of rain lately, and then a couple of sunny days, so it was greener than i anticipated for late november.
we had the typical good food and thanksgiving sort of things happened...
andrew gave me a haircut with his plastic scissors, then gave me a buzz with a plastic dentist tool of some sort. that was the highlight. oh, i watched 'it's a wonderful life' for the first time! i've seen the last 10 minutes a few times, but never seen the first 80 minutes. i really like jimmy stewart. now i know what all the fuss is about.
after dinner we went for the traditional walk, of course.

friday morning we went horseriding in the perfectly sunny weather -- that was the best part by far.
then i was able to liesurely drive home and spend saturday preparing for a birthday dinner for my friend drea. it's amazing how much time and effort went into it! it was pretty tasty in the end, so well worth the effort. drea got a fondue pot for one of her presents, so we had fondue for the appetizer, then cranberry walnut apple salad, indonesian peanut chicken, risotto, japanese style green beans, and a mixed berry lemon tart a la mode for dessert.
we dressed up the table all fancy and drea also had new crystal goblets that we used along with candlesticks and real cloth napkins... oh, and WE dressed up all fancy, too... it was all so fun and pretty! it'd be fun to eat like that every night.
i can see the attraction of having cooks and butlers.
now there's just 3 weeks left until christmas break!! i love this time of year mostly for the frequent breaks from work. it makes me appreciate my kids and my classes more, being away from them :-)
8 comments:
Sounds like a fun vacation and all the photos are great. "Jefe, would you say that she has a _plethora_ of photographs?"
looks like you got the relaxation and good times needed for the final push before christmas break. coolness!
Ahhhh....looks as if you had a lovely time. And I think your hair nice and long looks gorgeous on you. Oh...glad you like the door and I'm extremely happy that you are taking time out to MAKE us a Christmas gift. You are so very creative.
yes! and once again, you are looking superb these days - and check out MY site for ME looking superb in my bathing suit.......NOT! (go early 90's)
I'm dissapointed in one way that so many beat me to the punch commenting on how good you look. As I was enjoying the pics, I thoought, "WOW! She's gorgeous!!!" You truly are.
Drea's party sounded fantastically wonderful! We have a fondu pot; we should do something with it during Christmas. Did you cook all that food? It sounded yummy. I'd be interested in the recipes.
Oh! I can hardly wait to get my arms around you for a big hug!
Have a wonderful day, daughter, dear.
Katie! Hey girl, even though many have beat me to it. You are looking marvelously slim and attractive these days. The long hair is really pretty too!
Kate, Many things to comment on here:
1. Your hair is so cute!
2. I didn't vote on the last post, BUT I voted in my head, and this was the place!
3. Can you PLEASE take a picture of the wings you painted?! I would love to see them.
4. I'm extremely jealous that your family members comment on your blog. My parents have never commented. (they do call though everytime I post a new picture, so I guess that makes up for it?)
5. When did you say you are coming to California??? :)
Ashley!! My parents never comment on mine either - what is the deal?? Are we too uncool for them? Go Melody - you are the best:)
Post a Comment