well folks, i've come to a conclusion. i am going to make it public so as to have my will strengthened by your wills...
from this day henceforth and forthwith, i do pledge to cut all chocolate from my diet in every way, shape and form.
this is an effort i've attempted at least 300 times before, but you know what they say -- when you fall off the wagon, just get back on and start the count over.
so starting monday (today's already a scratch... blasted brownies) i will begin with 'day 1'.
you might say, 'what?! completely cold turkey?!' and i would respond, 'yes, completely cold turkey.' there's just no other way for me. i'm an all-or-nothing girl, and it's just how it's gotta be. there's no reason for me to eat chocolate, except that i like it, but there are 3 reasons for me not to eat chocolate.
reason #1: it gives me the aches.
reason #2: it makes me feel lethargic.
and reason #3: it makes me fat.
so with that weight of evidence, i do pledge to you this pledge.
i'll report my progress from time to time. thanks for your will. just knowing you might know and be supportive strengthens me on in my quest for self-control. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Okey dokey! I'm here for you! How can I help you the most? I'm all for ya!
Love you,
Mom
Good luck. I should probably consider the same with caffeine. The 2 Cokes in the morning have ramped up to 1 Red Bull and 1 Coke on certain mornings. Although whatever is in Red Bull besides caffeine seems to get me through Sunday School, Junior Church and the Bus Ride home a lot better than just caffeine.
Okay, but is this like all those times you gave up Dr. Pepper? :) Glad to know I'm four hours away this time!!! j/k
Okay...dark chocolate can be good for you if you eat it in moderation my dear.
here here. I've been slipping dark chocolate pieces into my lunchbox for weeks. weeks. and more weeks. i think its because i'm being my mother to myself - telling myself that I know that myself needs a pick me up in the middle of the day and that myself knows that and cares. scary. go for it Katie and inspire me. :)
good to know your thoughts again, dear freind,
crystal
listen, you two non-helpfuls! what i wouldn't give to eat the oh-so-healthy dark chocolate, especially considering it's my favorite among chocolates!! but alas, it has just as many ill-affects on my delicate system as any of the varieties...
so tempt me no more with your convincing arguments!
i will not be swayed.
The things that are good for you in chocolate are flavonoids called catechins. Here are other sources, including apricots, beans, green tea and strawberries:
http://flavo.vtt.fi/flavonoidcontent.htm
(Hey! Strawberry yogurt might finally be good for something!)
Sorry, Jeff, but in my 52 years of hormonal experience I have never ONCE craved green tea, beans, apricots or strawberries! While I love all of those things and have sometimes dearly WANTED them, I have NEVER seen them as a viable alternative to chocolate...uh...gotta go...just talking about it...chocolate...MUST have chocolate...DOH!
Post a Comment