

last week was my church's maiden voyage in the VBS realm and i have to say it was quite a successful bit of fun! i had a really rotten attitude at the beginning when we were decorating and whatnot, mostly because i was resenting the fact that i had to be somewhere at 9 a.m. every morning in the middle of my summer!! i'm a selfish girl.
i quickly recovered from such silliness after the first games session -- i was in charge of the games for each age group. they'd rotate through and have 25 minutes each. they were just so doggone cute and fun that i just couldn't have a bad attitude!

we played wobblyball (by filling a beach ball with water).....


had sand castle competitions....

sang songs... (with allison and erica, my two pals)

laughed at funny looking people... (otherwise known as our children's ministry director, Jodi, and our pastor, Eric)

and just had some good ole-fashioned Q.T. (quality time, that is)

the week's over, but i still have my t-shirt! i just might have to pull that puppy out from time to time and remember how cute all the little kiddies were.
are you getting tired of the random-children theme yet?
it's possible that i'll be changing that theme soon as i consider dating this one good-looking fellow i know... you just might long for the days of random children!
i'll leave it at that for now and let you all stew in suspense.
have a wonderful tuesday!!
4 comments:
I'm stewing in suspense...just stewing!!! Maybe I'll call you and pry the info out of you!! :)
Those kids are cute-cute-cute.
And look at your long hair!! You never cease to amaze me, Miss Kate! I'm wanting to chop mine all off - its so crazy, long, thick, and tangly when I'm pregnant. I may just go and do something drastic on my lunch break this week!
Very cool! The face on the girl on the lid of the sandbox is classic. Now I'm motivated to organize a VBS...NEXT summer.
I love the curly hair girl in one of the very top pictures. So super cute.
I totally agree with everyone else...I'm glad you're back. I, too, love to read your stories.
What are you going to do about no camera!!!!!!! You just HAVE to get another one!
Post a Comment