Monday, May 08, 2006

the glorious nature of my own yard

well, in an effort to keep you entirely abreast of my wildly exciting life, here's the most fun i've had in the last while -- digging out bushes & flower beds and planting things! i never felt too drawn to the outdoor-gardening, being more of a potted plant sort of person, but this spring my yard has been getting closer and closer to the brink of utter chaos. i decided to reclaim the land, like adam and eve.
the two grass clumps are actually where there used to be bushes, and i dug them out!! yes, with a shovel and my own bare hands. i felt very powerful.
the wild patch of flower garden is next on the list to be reclaimed -- that's what the flower beds looked like before drea and i attacked them with vim and vigor and then planted hostas and azalea bushes... we'll see how they do.
it's uncharted territory, but don't worry, i'll keep you up to date with any new developments.
now you know why i haven't been too current with my posting -- there's just not a lot of interesting things going on in the bible belt -- well, at least in my particular little nook of it anyway...
school's out in 2 weeks! i think i've posted enough student pictures to last you a good long while. i might just have to postpone my blogging until i have a baby.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Until you have a baby?!....NO!!!! You see, I have a completely mindless job and reading blogs is the only think that keeps my brain stimulated while I'm at work!! You can't quit blogging!!

By the way...what are you plans for the summer? Wanna road-trip up to KC and spend some time with your favorite non-niece, Emma Rose? I've got a cleeper-sofa with your name on it!

aubrey payne said...

don't you know i rush wildy to the comp everyday...wrought with anticipation... dying to see what exciting things you have been accomplishing!
why wait...when there are garden shots to post. hmmm?

Cari said...

Hey, I too am growing hostas, so I'll take pictures and post them on my blog, and we can compare! Listen to you and I...we are now real adults, not only do we work in the yard in our spare time, but ALSO, that you used the word hosta and I didn't have to look it up on the internet to see what you were talking about!

Grammy said...

Don't you DARE stop blogging! We wait breatahlessly for each and every post!!!

Although babies are darling little things and I dearly love each and everyone of my incredibly...(I'm speechless at the wonder of my grandchildren....) grandchildren, there are more things in life than children. There are PLENTY of things for you to blog about. So, don't let us down! Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

See, you can't quit...you have a fan club!! And what kind of person would you be if you let your fans down??!!??!!

I know you're thinking "But I don't have internet at home...I can't blog this summer." And I have several viable solutions for you.

1. Come visit me and you can blog at my house.
2. Go to the stupid Taneyhills Community Library and blog there.
3. Trade babysitting the Banks' kids for use of their internet connection any time you want.

See, you can get around it. Be creative...we know you're creative...you're an art teacher after all.

Oh, speaking of art, are you working anywhere this summer? Want a small art project to keep you busy? (Besides redoing your kitchen floor.) Are you interested in creating an over-the-couch artpeice for my new living room this summer? It could be like a housewarming gift or I can pay you a very sad amount for your time. I'll send pics of my living room if you're interested.

I know I ramble, but PLEASE DON'T QUIT BLOGGING!!

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

I don't appreciate you even THINKING of quitting...as I have puffed myself up with the knowledge that I started this whole blogging mania!!! I WANT to take credit for that!!! Also, I have been trying to do some things to our yard as well...plants are extremely interesting. I also like to see what dear ol' Kate is up too.

Rockin' Robin said...

Well, they have all said the clever and creative things so I will just speak plainly...AAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Keep those insane, inane, and innate blogs a-comin'! I LOVE 'em!