Thursday, May 11, 2006

excitement!!!



yes, i've finally had some excitement in my life that eclipses the yard!! my great ole friend michelle came for a visit (brown hair, brown shirt) and we had a big fun girl's dinner party with as many possible picture configurations as time allowed. i spared you about 80% of them, but here's the highlights. aren't we just adorable in every single one?!
cathy (brown hair, blue shirt) made the most amazing shish kabobs with STEAK! and red bell peppers -- i didn't know how much i loved those! they're so sweet and good!
right beforehand, we'd had a practice for the drama some of us are doing this sunday at church so i was hyped up in my projecting-voice mode and it was just fun to be hyper and laughing for once. it seems those times are getting fewer and fewer in my old age...
can you believe we got SIX people in the self-portrait picture?!!! i think that's a record -- or else my arms are growing.
the big group shot was with the camera placed on the fireplace mantel on 'timer' and it couldn't have been more perfect either. i don't know about you, but i think i'm pretty amazing with the camera.
it's too bad i won't be able to set up the camera for some timer shots during our drama -- i think we're going to be pretty dramatic. it might be a bit distracting to be dashing back and forth from the camera though.
i'll have to let you know how it goes. i'm definitely going to forget at least one line. i tend to get emotionally invested in the lines then totally forget the next one in the heat of the moment...
dramatic pauses are always helpful in moments such as those... if joey from 'friends' could see me now... he'd be so proud.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you, updating your blog regularly. Very impressive.

I'm glad you had a fun night with the girls. I love every minute with my husband and daughter, but I do miss my girlfriends (espcially you...do you know how long its been since I've been to a movie??)!!

I'll send you pictures of my living room next week - I have to find a place to stash all the toys first! :)

Rockin' Robin said...

Next we hear, you're gonna leave your sedate life behind to go "on the stage"!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pics, great friends, great food, and a GREAT GOD!!
What a Bleesing you are!!!!

Anonymous said...

OOPS!!! I sent that twice..sorry!
Not to good with this new tech stuff
Love ya, Torie

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

That sounds like it was SO much fun. It's great to be able to let loose once in awhile.

Grammy said...

Wow! You girls all look alike - same smiles! It must be the MO weather!

Dad

Laura said...

How was the performance - also, I posted a pic of Baby Ana on our site being snuggled by the precious pink blanket! SI!!!

Zac said...

Hey Kate, just realized I've never left a post on your blog! Just wanted to say you're looking great and I love you! Now leave a post on my blog...tag you're it!